Thursday, May 6, 2010

Don't call geese silly...


Here you can see a paired Canadian Goose couple pecking away in a lot which is being considered for development. They were right next door to the Goodwill store and adjacent to where I get mail.
As they are probably on their way back to Canada, I saw nothing "silly" about their stopover point. In fact, I was impressed that they stopped together. Did you know they can reach up to 60 mph during their flights, and can reach an altitude of 8,000 feet? They can fly at night, and can fly for up to 16 hours in a stretch. I can't go that long without stopping.
And here is the latest update in the garden department. The lilacs are blooming, but I cannot get a decent picture of them because of the recent, and daily, cloudy and rainy days. But I did get this awesome shot of the rhodedendron next door with the bees doing their thing inside - can you see it?

I dedicate this flower to a friend who lives far away in Florida, because I moved west from her to be with my other best friend, Jey-hu.

So the "theme" for today seems to be about being 'connected' like the geese are, and my father used to say, "Friends of a feather flock together..." so to all my readers who are either are, or are becoming my friends, welcome to the flock - and remember to stay in touch!

1 comment:

  1. I'm doing my best what with the vomiting and the preferred sleepiness - give me a break. Just kidding! It's a good job I didn't get to the foody post until today! :D x

    ReplyDelete