Saturday, January 6, 2018

Returning to My Home

I guess I really am getting older... as I approach having three quarters of a century under my belt, I realize I don't have to justify why Recreational Vehicle living was just 'not my thing.' I loved living aboard the sailboat and I naturally thought that a land yacht could be a lovely extrapolation of that joy without the hassle of dicey weather.

Well, 'landing' in Lake City, FL, was wet, wild and wretched. Aside from the emotional stuff that was going on with a son who continues to resist growing up and getting a job, even a part-time one, it was clear that my RV life could not continue with Wayne. He has his way of living and I have mine and while we will remain casual friends, the 420 sq. feet in his home (not ours, not truly shared) made it challenging.
Square dancing with the Dixie Dancers in Lake City, FL
was a high point in the square dancing journey for me;
and I reconnected with Barbara Rosenthal, and her husband.
I loved the adventure of traveling and having a companion to view the world with was pleasurable. I still want to travel and I still want to share it with a friend and so in time I will journey out again.

But for now I am back in Sequim, WA, which is actually warmer than Florida (today) and warmer than much of the southern U.S. due to a nasty storm that developed into a Nor'easter for the northeast states. I am back on my routine of painting at least two days a week (sorely missed in the space-limiting RV), and will rejoin the Y next week to shore up my activity plan.

It's very much OK that I discovered in two months something which could have made life painful for both of us had we continued. Of course I wish Wayne all the best in the new year, finding all the square dances that give him such joy and maybe more peacefulness in his grieving process as I seek peace about my son. I am grateful for all Wayne's help with getting my personal effects into storage.

As this new year progresses and my personal things finally find their way to Washington, I am planning to clarify what brings me peace and joy and I hope the same for all my readers.
Wayne and I at the St. Augustine Pier, FL, where he bought
a plank to be placed on the pier honoring his late wife.

7 comments:

  1. As I said elsewhere, it is always a good thing to be on track with one's own life. Jack Frost is blowing on NH as though he really meant it, but I still love it here. [Home is where your stuff is.....] Hope Alain works it out. Nothing worse than one's kids being in a vortex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish Alain WAS in the vortex; he is unable to get his vibration up to a point to where he can be productive. It was painful to see him.

      Delete
  2. ps, I think RV's are an incredible waste of money and resources. All that could go towards a really nice trip, and then coming home to the nest.
    Painting is important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some folks it is a tiny home on wheels and they invest everything in making it the way they want. I do not judge how others live and do not wish to be judged by my choices. But living in someone else's home with no space to be me was a challenge I could not continue.

      Delete
    2. And yes, the painting/creative time was sorely missed. As an artist you well know the need for solitary time to pull down the muse. In 4,000 miles I only did two paintings and I don't even like either of them much. Wayne's daughter-in-law took me to a painting event which I did enjoy very much; in large part because it gave me time to get to know her better.

      Delete
  3. Isn't life always about choosing the path that is right for us? So often we think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, not realising the work and effort that goes in to having a green lawn is the reason ours isn't. We enjoyed reading your adventures and at times were a little envious of the freedom you seemed to have, of course that in part was because freedom is the one thing we really don't have with dialysis.
    I hope 2018 is a good year for you. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you are Mike are limited by current conditions and I still have you both on my Pink Light list for healing. I intend to have more adventures to share but at present am reflecting on how I want them to materialize. Love to you both!

      Delete