Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Rocky Mountain high...

   Waking up to snow in April is definitely a high for this Florida girl!! My excitement at seeing "white stuff" on the ground was only maximized when my new driving companion, hereinafter to be known as "Jeh-yu," agreed we should take a drive higher up the Front Range to see Estes Park, CO. So here's a shot of what we saw as we took that drive. This was actually outside of Estes Park on Route 7, returning to Boulder.
   I have a lot more pictures above the clouds and a few taken alongside the road just as it began to sleet - yikes! Thank goodness I brought along my ski jacket... not enough snow for skiing where we were, though.... Jeh-yu suggested 'rock skis' might be a good bet.  Stay tuned for more adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment