Monday, October 25, 2010

Discovering more about Colombia

A few of San Gil in Santander, Colombia from the edge of
the Rio Fonce which is near flood stage from all the rain.
I decided it was time to take a trip to find out more about Colombia, so I will be posting short updates as I have internet access. For now, just a quick note as to where I am headed and what I have seen so far. I am aiming to reach the northern coast on the Caribbean side to see Santa Marta and Cartagena, depending on weather and bunches of other things.

There has been so much rain that many of the roads have very large, even HUGE boulders either on them or right next to the roadway. El Presidente has advised people to not drive after dark because of the risk of being injured either by falling rocks or by hitting something already in/on the road. So all my traveling will by done by daylight only!

So check in once in awhile and I hope to have some interesting pictures to share... ciao, amigo/as!!

No comments:

Post a Comment