Friday, May 9, 2014

Spring into Summer

Bright yellows and blues carry the burden of color for now.
All my lovely bright spring colors have passed by and now come the flowers of summer, but in the meantime, my garden looks a little transient.

The tulip leaves drag things down with their wilting, fading color, but I can't move them without affecting their performance next spring.

And I'll be away next weekend for a week, so I'll probably miss some of the transforming that is in progress. Sigh.
Peony about noontime, before the heavy rain.
Peony several hours later, after the rain…. slightly more
open, definitely on the way to full display.
Although it's been raining hard all day with thunder and lightening and it's cooler, it has been interesting to note the hourly movement of the peony from a tight bud into a beginning blossom.

Every day when I'm away for work or other activities, when I come back, it's all a surprise to me as to what has been going on.

I feel as if I'm living in time-lapse mode… it's all too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment