Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sunday was wave day


We had to stay out of the sun for most of the day today because we didn't take into account the reflectivity of pools and the intensity of this lower latitude sun. Yesterday we both got sunburned. So Sunday about 6 p.m. we took a walk on the beach and tried to capture the 'Zen' wave along with another incredible sunset. Here is my submission (the one on the right) to be considered. Jey-hu says this one (below) is the most 'Zen' of his shots. Votes from our few readers will not create any more competition between us.

We laugh at each other's critical comments when we download the day's photo "work" and play a game of 'defend it' to justify keeping it in the saved file.
This has been a most peaceful trip for both of us, and the first time we have had a journey that wasn't involved with moving or attending a seminar since we'd met. The photo of the bird flying onto the beach after sunset is Jey-hu's; I love the serenity of it.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are having such a peaceful and enjoyable break, I have been following every step of the way and so enjoying the wonderful pictures. I love the waves and yes how tranquil they seem to be, but the sunset photo really does it for me,outstanding and reminds me of the wonderful sunsets in Egypt - deep sigh here!- Thank you for allowing me to travel along with you .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am delighted to have you along with us, Susie... and glad that any of the photos bring you enjoyment. We have found this part of the world very charming, the people here are most welcoming and try very hard to do all they can to ensure we have a good vacation - which we have!

    ReplyDelete